Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Beeswax Lipbalm, homemade.

 photo DSCF8404_zps3835e049.jpg

Looks pretty awesome for homemade, doesn´t it?

The recipe is super simple.

You need 30 % beeswax (which you can buy in pellets or, if you´ve got honeybees, harvest from your own tribes :)), and
70 % oil. I took olive oil, because I had it and it was suggested in the recipe, but I also made another version with linseed oil, and I imagine the almond oil we used for our handbalm to work even better.

You melt it both until you´ve got a homogeneus, golden liquid, and then pour it into the sticks.
 photo DSCF8399_zps823bbdc8.jpg
I got them on amazon and they are 15 cents, each. I also still had the little crucibles left, I think their intended use is to store nail glitter in them, but I always thought I could find some sensible use for them. So, when I still had some of the oil-beeswax mixture left, I poured it into those.

As for the pouring, I still need to look for a method not to make such a mess, but over all, it worked just fine - you can wipe the excess off with a paper towel.

And that´s basically it - the secret to super cool homemade beeswax lipbalm.

The labels are what gives them this extra touch, I think - I loved labelling them. I used picmonkey for it.

I gave most of them away, to friends, but Tim actually sold some at work, along with my homemade handbalm and that made me kind of proud :)

Music for the day:

This is a nice one :)

2 comments:

creativejewishmom/sara said...

Fabulous! My kids are always asking for lip balm and it always ends up going through the laundry or getting lost, so this is the solution, homemade! thanks so much for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

Commercial Cleaners Plano said...

Thank you for sharing this