Thursday, September 18, 2014

Dear Scotland,

I´d have wished you independence.

Two years ago, I found the idea of an independent scotland ridiculous, outrageous and unbelievable, but then we had an awesome scotsman in our home who totally convinced me otherwise.

I was anxious for the results, and excited to see how an independent Scotland would change Europe. A peaceful separation of a two countries I grew up taking as a granted union felt refreshing, and I - as everybody else, I guess - imagined the watershed-effect for countries in a similar situation - Catalunya, Belgium, Wales - would we become a different Europe? 
I wished all the best for the Yes-side, because I liked the dedicated, but overall constructive way of the debate, and I stayed up late and got up early to see the results. 

Well, maybe a Union with Britain is not so bad after all.

Here´s some consoling music:

No comments: